Looking for a great way to help out a local trail race? Looking for a way to give back to the trail running community? Want to get early registration for the next years event? Come help out and volunteer with us!
- Sweepers – Sweepers run all or some of the race course at the back of the race. They ensure that no one has stopped on course for some reason as well as enforcing the mandatory cut-offs. They’re the ‘caboose’ of the race.
- Pre-sweepers – Pre-sweepers run all or some of the course just prior to the start to ensure that all the flagging is in place and there are no new obstructions on the trail such as downed trees or washouts.
- Aid station volunteers – Aid station volunteers help racers get in and out of the aid station with all the help and support needed to get to the next station. These people keep the pop and water flowing, are helping fill water bottles and tell the runners how great they look even if they’re well into the walk of death. You need to have a really upbeat and positive disposition to rock out in one of our aid stations.
- Pre-race flagging – This position requires some flagging experience as there is an incredible amount of responsibility here. It’s the pre-race flaggers that ensure that you stay on course and make the right turns when you should.
- First aid – We station one First Aid position at each aid station and they also may be asked to head out on course if runners report any injuries.
We often need tons of additional help setting up the start/finish as well as with timing, registration, swag booth, food central and many more super important jobs.
We will post a Volunteer Form here when we start calling for Volunteers!